Monday, June 20, 2011

Sparknotes Got Me Through College. Now There's....

So I found this great new website I wanted to share!  It's http://www.sparkrecipes.com/ and all the recipes listed are low calorie and healthy.  The calorie content is listed for all them, and for those of you doing the sugar-free diet with me, I've only found one recipe so far that calls for sugar (brown sugar to be exact!).  Most of the recipes that require sugar call for splenda.  Of course you have to make up your own mind about artificial sweeteners.  A good friend of mine who is a 4th year med student said there is no research to support a link between artificial sweeteners and cancer.  He is a diabetic and guzzles Diet Coke like it's water.  I have my own less educated opinions - it just doesn't seem right to ingest something that isn't food into your body.  Aren't artificial sweeteners just chemicals?  And yet all too often I find myself ordering that Diet Coke with my lunch at Subway, and feasting on sugar free fro-yo at Sweet Cece's.  Anyway, I've found some great recipes on this site and there are hundreds listed.  You can browse by meal, ethnic cuisine, dietary restrictions, and, my personal favorite, "time to make."  There's no feeling in the world like throwing a bunch of stuff in a crockpot and knowing you'll have a healthy, low-cal dinner when you get home.  Unless I have a day off work, minimal prep is my favorite phrase. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment