Tuesday, March 29, 2011

God Works...And At the Perfect Time

Yesterday morning was wonderful.  I woke up at 6:30 am to see that someone (shout out to aelaine76!) had posted a sweet message on my blog post Too Weak to Get on My Knees.  Since from time to time I wonder if anyone even reads this, I was elated to see a comment at all.  But then to think that I could have actually benefited someone in someway from writing about what God is teaching me - really just blew me away.  It got my week off to an amazing start.  Finally I thought, "Ok God, You are using me for some purpose."  This afternoon I was sitting at my desk putting together presentation packets when I received an email from a publisher I had submitted an article to.  "...Unfortunately, your article was not accepted..." Shucks.  Even though I had prepared myself for this, it still stung a little.  Last weekend my friend Sallie had told me "Getting published is like fishing.  Some articles will get a bite, some won't."  Despite my disappointment, I keep remembering the simple comment I received in my blog post.  Just because one company said no, doesn't mean God won't use my voice somewhere.  I love that God knew just what I needed to hear - and exactly when I needed to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment