Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Friendship Woes

Have you ever had to stand by while you watched a close friend make a decision that you feel is the wrong one?  Maybe it's not the wrong decision, but to you it just doesn't feel right.  Maybe you told this person your concerns and they blew you off.  Or maybe, like me, you haven't talked in a while and you wonder how can I start a 4 year gap in communication with "you are making a horrible life choice"?  It's a tough spot to be in, a painful one.  Any stories or thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I hope it isn't me! ...But we haven't had a 4 year lapse, so I think I can breathe. Pray hard. Be available to listen/ talk when they're ready? That's about all you can do. I've wanted to run people's lives for them before- change places for a day and straighten out all their problems...of course, that is not to say I don't have problems...
    It's a tough one, Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, no, it's definitely not you! I didn't want to make anyone paranoid! I haven't talked to this person basically since high school, and the life choice they are making you would never make! I think you gave the best advice. "Pray hard. Be available to listen."

    ReplyDelete